Healthy Eating (June): Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
Need more protein in your life but you're too bored of plain old meat? Here's a guilt free way to add some MAJOR flavour and veggies to your meal that will seriously leave you drooling. This recipe is so jam-packed with deliciousness that even thinking about it will leave you salivating. The best part? It's also incredibly simple to prepare and cook.
What you'll need:
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (butter also works)
- 1/4 of one onion, sliced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup of capers
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 pounds of whatever boneless chicken you prefer
Note: The original recipe suggests to drain both the capers and artichoke hearts but if you really want an extra punch of flavour, don't bother! Pour it straight from the can or jar for an extra bit of tastiness.
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in oven-safe skillet over medium-heat burner. Add onions, artichoke hearts, and lemon juice. Combine by stirring.
3. Add chicken to skillet.
4. Put entire skillet with cover into oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is visibly cooked.
5. Plate and enjoy!
This recipe is very versatile to combine with but serving on top of a grain like rice and pairing it with another vegetable is a great way to start. The tangy flavours of the capers, lemon and artichoke hearts pair well with basically anything. You'll never want to eat chicken plain again after trying this delicious and quick recipe.
If you need more protein in your diet, this chicken with artichoke hearts recipe is sure to keep you moving! Share your versions on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!