Healthy Eating (January): Baked Onion Chip Crusted White Fish
Fish is a great alternative way to get protein and even though it can be on the expensive side, it is well worth the investment. This month's 'Healthy Eating' recipe is for a ridiculously simple way to prepare white fish with less than five ingredients. If you're not exactly a fan of fish or trying it for the first time, this is a great way to ease yourself into the taste while not completely overwhelming it's natural flavour.
Our 'Baked onion chip crusted white fish' is the perfect way to sneak more fish into your diet or if you're already a fan of consuming things from the sea, a fun way to mix up how your prepare it. With very little prep and with the added factor of just being able to throw it into the oven, this fish recipe is not only stress free but scrumptious as well.
What you'll need:
- Your white fish of choice - 3 pieces
- 2 cups of onion chips
- Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-set oven to 400 degrees. Grease one deep dish pan with cooking oil. Put fish in pan.
2. Put chips into Ziploc bag and smash it up into pieces until it ressembles panko.
3. Place one thick layer of mayonnaise on top of each layer of fish, enough so that the chips will stick to it.
4. Sprinkle thick layer of chips onto each piece of fish until thoroughly covered and evenly spread. Use fork to press in chips to mayonnaise to ensure they don't flake off.
5. Place in oven and cook for 30 - 35 minutes or until meat becomes flaky.
This delicious meal is great for meal prep with an extra crunch or for a casual dinner party where you want to impress your friends with something a little different. Share your versions of the 'Baked onion chip crusted white fish' with us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!