If you've never tried Zucchini courgettes as a pasta replacement, you're missing out! This month's 'Healthy Eating' recipe is for a delicious and quick recipe for a Zucchini courgette meal with a homemade veggie sauce from scratch. If you're someone who usually opts for spaghetti sauce right from the jar, try something different by making your own. Plus, it barely takes any extra time! This is a hearty, delicious and filling meal that's easy to prepare that will definitely trick you into thinking you've prepared your favourite comfort food.
What you'll need:
Portions: 3 - 4
- 1/2 of White Onion
- Medium size package of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Can of black olives, drained
- Red Chilli flakes if you want some kick
- Sprinkle of Basil Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of Capers
- 1 Package of zucchini courgettes
Note: You can purchase pre-made Zucchini courgettes in packages at most local grocery stores but we found ours at Superstore in the prepared food section for a very reasonable price. This makes it easier to skip the hassle of trying to prepare them yourself.
- 5 Handfuls of Baby Kale
1. Place all ingredients (aside from courgettes and kale) in big wok. Cook on medium low.
2. After a few minutes of tomatoes searing, break them open with fork so that innards are exposed. Add black olives after they've been cut in half.
3. Once sauce is mixed, add zucchini courgettes and baby kale to wok on low heat, slowly stirring and combining.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Important: low heat is key!!!
Not only is this a super delicious and quick recipe, another perk is that you only dirty one pot to prepare it! So with a quick prep time, a simple clean - up and a really yummy result, this really is the perfect mid-week recipe to try out for when you want something healthy, comforting and incredibly filling which is sure to warm you up in these Winter months.
Share your versions of the Zucchini Courgette Pasta with Homemade Veggie Sauce recipe with us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!
Recipe Inspiration: Kelly Ranford