Healthy Eating (August): Chickpea Burgers
If you ever find yourself searching for a refreshing and delicious veggie burger option, look no further. This ChickPea Burger recipe will not only keep your stomach and tastebuds satisfied but also give you the piece of mind that you made a healthy choice while munching on a 'burger'. This is also a great alternative barbecue option if you're hosting an 'end of summer' party to soak up those last rays of sun before September hits! So enjoy on your own, guilt-free, or double the recipe for many to savour!
What you'll need:
- 1 can of Chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbs of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tbs of Sriracha
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of sweet corn
1. Boil chickpeas to soften them so they're prepped to be mashed.
2. Combine red wine vinegar, Sriracha and garlic powder.
3. Mash chickpeas before combining in bowl them with prepped 'sauce', diced red onion, grated zucchini, sweet corn and stir in cup of oats. Add a dash of cumin.
4. Form mix into patties and fry in frying pan. Make sure to cook on both sides until slightly browned.
5. Serve and enjoy!
This is a creative and different vegetarian burger option that is sure to delight. The chickpeas have protein which makes this the perfect rival for the typical beef burger, not to mention the fact that it's chock full of other delicious and filling vegetables. Even the truest of meat-eaters will enjoy this savoury Chickpea burger and considering how easy and quick it is to make, it might just become one of your favourite recipes!
Share your versions of the Chickpea Burger on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!