Healthy Eating (July): Chicken/Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps
Want a simple but fun dinner recipe to really wow your guests for your next patio party? These Chicken/Flank lettuce wraps are not only colourful and fun but healthy and easy to make! This is the perfect fresh and delicious dinner idea that is chock full of protein and vegetables, keeping carbs off the table while still filling up your guests stomachs with yumminess.
What you'll need:
4 chicken breasts
1 head of butter lettuce
A spoonful of minced garlic
2 peppers chopped
Hoisin sauce (to taste)
Can of waterchestnuts
1 package of stir fry noodles
Fistful of green onions, chopped
1. Chop up chicken into small pieces along with vegetables and peanuts. Clean and pull lettuce into single leaves.
2. Throw into oiled pan and cook until chicken is browned. (Or Cook Flank steak on BBQ to give your guests options of what protein they want to put in their lettuce wraps.
3. Pour Hoison sauce over cooked chicken.
4. Add water chestnuts and minced garlic to pan.
5. Serve stir fry noodles, peppers, carrots, peanuts, and shredded carrots as raw toppers.
With just six easy steps, these Chicken/Flank Steak lettuce wraps practically make themselves. Not only will you impress your guests with the simple but elegant presentation of this meal but the flavour will leave them drooling for more and running back for seconds. Try different add-ons to personalize your lettuce wraps. Pair with a fun drink, patio and sunset and you're ready for the perfect summer evening!
Share your versions on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!