Healthy Eating (May): Lime salt seasoned Cauliflower Steaks
These are perfect if you’re trying to sneak a few more veggies into your diet or you’ve cut meat out completely. Super simple to make and even more delicious. It’s one of those things that you can just throw in the oven and go about your day. The taste payoff is also incredible. It’s also a really versatile meal and easy to find things to pair it with.
What you'll need:
1 of cauliflower (the bigger, the better)
1/2 cup of Olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
Lime salt or lemon juice to taste
1. Set oven to 400 f. Cut the bottom of cauliflower off so there’s a flat base, remove any excess leaves.
2. Cut the cauliflower in half length wise and cut into four 1/2 inch sections. You should now have four equal sized steaks.
3. Whisk salt, olive oil and garlic together in bowl.
4. Place four “steaks” on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush mixture on top side of cauliflower.
5. Put cauliflower in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Turn cauliflowers over and brush mixture over it. Leave in oven for 15-20 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven and enjoy.
You can basically throw anything on top of these delicious veggie ‘steaks’ as they are so combinable. Some ideas I’ve come across are roasted tomatoes and olive or even some chimchurri. You can keep it simple and pair it with some pumpkin cous cous and chicken sausage which are great to prepare while your cauliflower is cooking away in the oven.
Just make sure to keep an eye on them and aim for that golden brown look and have fun coming up with new pairings!
If you want to get more veggies in your diet, these 'Lime salt seasoned Cauliflower Steaks' are exactly what you need to you keep moving! Share your versions on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!