Are you always on the go? Do you tend to reach for protein bars and crackers simply out of convenience? Here's a sure-fire recipe that's incredibly easy to prepare, full of delicious ingredients and will last you through your busy week without your stomach grumbling throughout your day. The best part? You won't get tired of eating it over and over again because it's so darn tasty!
What you'll need:
1 Red Pepper
1 Bag of Farro
2 Heads of Cauliflower
1 Head of Kale
A pinch of Cilantro
Some purple sweet potatoes
Obviously, this can adjust to your preference. Replace this with different veggies, different grains or add more or less of something that we've suggested. It's up to your and your palette! I just love that this combination of veggies is so colourful.
1. Pre-set your oven to 350.
2. Cut up your veggies into equals sizes to be roasted.
3. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place sliced veggies onto trays.
4. Use olive oil spray or whatever oil is your preference to ensure veggies don't stick to pans. Put veggies in oven for 35 - 40 minutes.
5. Prepare quick - cook Farro on stovetop while veggies are roasting.
6. Remove Farro from stovetop and put in large metal bowl.
7. Add roasted and un-roasted veggies into salad.
8. Separate veggie salad into meal-prep portions in containers. Place in fridge to ensure freshness.
9. Grab and go!
This amount will last you a whole week. The best time to prepare is on Sunday night or whatever your lazy day is. It only takes about 45 minutes to complete and saves you loads more time during your busy week. The recipe is very versatile, good for lunch or dinner. Throw in some chicken or another protein to bulk it up a bit.
This delicious meal-prep idea is sure to keep you fueled, keep you moving, and keep the stress away during your busy week! Plus, it's ridiculously yummy. Share your versions on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag it with #keepmoving or @RCPhysio so we can see your delicious creations!